- Moong Dal – 1/2 cup
- Broken Wheat Rava – 1 cup
- Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Cloves – 2
- Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Oil/Ghee as required
- Wash and soak moong dal and broken wheat together.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pressure pan.
- Lightly fry jeera, pepper, cloves and asafoetida.
- Add moong dal and broken wheat.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, required salt and 3 cups of water.
- Pressure cook up to 3 whistles or till done.
- Mix well and serve hot.