Sweet Potatoes – 2, large
Brown Sugar – 1 cup (mixed witha pinch of nutmeg)
Butter – 3 tblsp
Bread Crumbs – 1 cup
1. Boil sweet potatoes in their jackets, plunge in cold water.
2. When cool, discard skin and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
3. Grease a rectangular oven-proof dish, cover the base with half the slices.
4. Sprinkle brown sugar on the entire surface.
5. Dot with 1 tblsp butter.
6. Cover the sugar layer with the rest of the slices.
7. Cover this with the bread crumbs.
8. Melt 2 tblsp butter and pour over crumbs.
9. Bake in a moderate oven at 350F till browned on top.
10. Serve with cream or custard for dessert.
Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Sweet Potato Casserole from Awesome Cuisine.