Sweet Potatoes – 2, large
Brown Sugar – 1 cup (mixed witha pinch of nutmeg)
Butter – 3 tblsp
Bread Crumbs – 1 cup
1. Boil sweet potatoes in their jackets, plunge in cold water.
2. When cool, discard skin and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
3. Grease a rectangular oven-proof dish, cover the base with half the slices.
4. Sprinkle brown sugar on the entire surface.
5. Dot with 1 tblsp butter.
6. Cover the sugar layer with the rest of the slices.
7. Cover this with the bread crumbs.
8. Melt 2 tblsp butter and pour over crumbs.
9. Bake in a moderate oven at 350F till browned on top.
10. Serve with cream or custard for dessert.
Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- 20 Must Have Diwali Sweets and Snacks Diwali is a festival of lights celebrated jubilantly all over India. Just like for any other festival, Diwali will also be...
- 20 Navratri Sundal Varieties to Surprise Your Family Navaratri is a festival of nine nights and 10 days. "Nava" means "nine" and "ratri" means "night" in Sanskrit. It is...
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.