Sweet Potatoes – 2, large
Brown Sugar – 1 cup (mixed witha pinch of nutmeg)
Butter – 3 tblsp
Bread Crumbs – 1 cup
1. Boil sweet potatoes in their jackets, plunge in cold water.
2. When cool, discard skin and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
3. Grease a rectangular oven-proof dish, cover the base with half the slices.
4. Sprinkle brown sugar on the entire surface.
5. Dot with 1 tblsp butter.
6. Cover the sugar layer with the rest of the slices.
7. Cover this with the bread crumbs.
8. Melt 2 tblsp butter and pour over crumbs.
9. Bake in a moderate oven at 350F till browned on top.
10. Serve with cream or custard for dessert.