Potato – 1, large
Peas – 1/2 cup, shelled
Onion – 1, medium, minced
Egg – 1, hard boiled
Parsley or Dill – 1 tblsp, minced
Water – 1 tblsp
Butter – 1 tblsp
White Vinegar – 1/2 tblsp
Salt – a pinch
Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
Lemon Juice – a dash
1. Boil potato, peel when cooled, cut into cubes.
2. Boil peas with a little salt.
3. Shell, chop or dice the egg.
4. Mix all these and set aside.
5. Heat water, adding butter, pepper powder and salt.
6. When butter has melted, add vinegar, mix and remove from fire.
7. Pour this over the potato-egg mixture and allow to cool.
8. In a salad bowl, combine potatoes, minced onion, part of the herbs and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly.
9. Sprinkle rest of the herbs on top and leave in the refrigerator, covered.
10. Serve chilled.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !