Potatoes – 2, large
Garlic – 8 to 10 cloves
Red Chillies – 2 to 3
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 3 to 4 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
1. Wash and cut potatoes into thick slices with the skin on.
2. Grind the ingredients, except potatoes, to a fine paste with a little water.
3. Smear this on potato slices.
4. Heat oil, add cumin seeds and, when done, add potato slices and stir fry, turning over and over again all the time till potatoes are soft and browned.
5. Keep covered and cook on sim while frying.
6. When done, if you need them very crisp and roasted, remove cover, add some more oil and fry on high flame, stirring all the while, till dark brown.
7. Serve hot.