Coconuts – 2, only whites grated
White Rice – 1 cup
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Sugar to taste
1. Soak rice for eight hours and grind fine.
2. Grind the coconut and sieve the coconut milk separately.
3. Mix two cups of water with the ground rice and sieve it.
4. Mix the sieved rice with the coconut milk.
5. Add sugar and cardamom powder.
6. Keep stirring on medium flame.
7. Keep adding water a little at a time until done to a halwa consistency.
8. Garnish with almonds and cashew nuts.
9. Serve hot or cold.