Raw Mango – 1, large
Jaggery – 1 large lemon sized ball
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp (optional)
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Red Chillies – 1 to 2, broken
Curry Leaf – 1 sprig
1. Wash, peel and cut mango into thin slices.
2. Heat oil, add seasonings one at a time.
3. When curry leaves are done, add mango slices and fry adding turmeric and chilli powders.
4. Continue to fry till mangoes turn soft, add jaggery and salt, cover and allow to cook.
5. When jaggery has melted and chutney becomes thick, add garam masala, mix and remove.