Curry Leaves – 2 cups
Garlic – 4 to 6 cloves
Tamarind – 1 small ball
Salt to taste
Ghee – 1 tblsp
Coriander Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Red Chillies – 10 to 12
1. Wash leaves and spread on a cloth to dry.
2. Heat ghee, fry coriander seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds and red chillies one at a time, removing from kadai as each is done.
3. When masalas are fried, fry curry leaves on slow heat. They should not be fried but not browned.
4. Allow to cool.
5. Grind together tamarind, salt and garlic.
6. When done, add fried ingredients and curry leaves, grind further till all the masalas are powdered and well blended.
7. Remove and store in an airtight container.
8. Serve with rice and ghee.