Tuvar Dal – 1 cup
Red Chillies – 3
Green Chillies – 3
Asafoetida – 1 small piece
Salt to taste
Colocasia Leaves – 1 cup, chopped
Oil – 3 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
1. Soak dal for about an hour.
2. Drain water, grind to a rough paste with red chillies, green chillies, asafoetida and salt.
3. To ground batter, mix the chopped colocasia leaves.
4. Place the mixture in a cooker and steam cook for 10 to 12 minutes or till dal is cooked.
5. Heat oil, add mustard and when done, add dal.
6. When dal turns brown, add curry leaf and the cooked dal-leaf mixture.
7. Stir fry till usli is dry and crisp.
8. Add some more oil if necessary.
9. Serve with rice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !