Cauliflower – 1, large
Milk – 2 litres
Sugar – 1 cup (or as per taste)
Cream – 1/2 cup (optional)
Almonds – 15
Cashew Nuts – 15
Cardamoms – 3, powdered
Almond Essence – 1/2 tsp
1. Soak 12 each of the nuts, grind to a paste with 1/2 – 1 cup milk.
2. Chop the rest of the nuts for garnish.
3. Wash cauliflower thoroughly in hot water, grate on a thick grated to get about 2 cups of gratings.
4. Wash gratings once again in hot water, leave in a container to drain.
5. Boil milk, add gratings and continue to cook till they turn soft.
6. Stir constantly so that no cream is formed on top.
7. Add sugar, ground nuts and simmer on low heat till thick and creamy.
8. Remove from fire and cool.
9. Beat cream, add to kheer along with cardamom powder and essence.
10. Mix thoroughly.
11. Pour into a serving bowl, garnish with chopped nuts.
12. Serve chilled.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !