Moong Dal – 2 cups
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Carrots – 2 cups, grated
Coconut – 2 tblsp, grated
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
Juice of 1 Lemon
Salt to taste
Sesame Seed Oil – 1 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Green Chillies – 2, cut
Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
1. Boil dal with turmeric powder and just enough water.
2. When done, dal should be cooked and not mushy.
3. Heat oil, add seasonings, then add carrots, salt and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Sprinkle some water.
5. Cover and cook on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes till carrots become tender.
6. Add dal, coconut, half the coriander leaves, mix and stir fry for a miniute.
7. Ensure it is not fried too much otherwise the dal will get mushy.
8. Remove from fire, add lemon juice and garnish with the rest of the coriander leaves.
Carrot Sundal Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Carrot Sundal Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.