Moong Dal – 2 cups
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Carrots – 2 cups, grated
Coconut – 2 tblsp, grated
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
Juice of 1 Lemon
Salt to taste
Sesame Seed Oil – 1 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Green Chillies – 2, cut
Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
1. Boil dal with turmeric powder and just enough water.
2. When done, dal should be cooked and not mushy.
3. Heat oil, add seasonings, then add carrots, salt and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Sprinkle some water.
5. Cover and cook on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes till carrots become tender.
6. Add dal, coconut, half the coriander leaves, mix and stir fry for a miniute.
7. Ensure it is not fried too much otherwise the dal will get mushy.
8. Remove from fire, add lemon juice and garnish with the rest of the coriander leaves.
Carrot Sundal Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- The Significance Of Carbohydrates Carbohydrates play a significant role in sustaining the metabolism of a human body and enable them to execute their day...
- 31 Cooking Tips to Make Your Foods Healthier Everyone wishes to eat fresh and healthy food. However, we ignore some basic aspects while cooking and deteriorate the...
- 13 Steps to Become a Master Chef at Home It is essential to follow certain safety rules while cooking. Hygiene is a must to ensure that cooked food is healthy and...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Carrot Sundal Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.