Potatoes – 3
Onions – 2
Green chilles – 4
Ginger – 1 inch piece grated
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
Mustard – 1 tsp
Salt – as required
Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
1. Cook potatoes in pressure cooker and Peel the skin and mash it.
2. Cut onions and chilles into thin long slices.
3. Heat oil in a Kadai, add mustard, when it splutters add onions and fry till light brown.
4. Add chillies, grated ginger, curry leaves, turmeric, salt and fry for 2-3 minutes.
5. When the masala in kadai starts boiling, add mashed potatoes, stir the masala well for a few minutes and add a little bit of water to get a thick gravy.
6. once the masala has become thick, remove from fire and serve hot with Chappathis or Rice.
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes