Carrots – 2 cups, grated
Chana Dal – 1/2 cup
Coconut – 2 tsp, grated
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp, chopped
Green Chillies – 3, minced
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, minced
Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
Sour Curd – 2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Sugar – a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
1. Soak dal for 30 minutes and grind to a rough paste.
2. Beat curds, add baking soda, mix into dal. Leave aside for about 2 hours.
3. To ground dal add carrots, half of the coconut and coriander leaves, chillies, ginger, turmeric powder, sugar and salt. Mix thoroughly.
4. Pour mixture in a well greased plate. Even out surface, sprinkle some oil on top, steam cook.
5. When cool, remove from cooked, cut into small squares, transfer onto a plate.
6. Heat oil, season with mustard seeds, pour onto dhokla. Garnish with the rest of the coriander leaves and coconut.
7. Serve as a snack.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !