Flour – 2 cups
Oil – 2 tblsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Water to mix
Oil for frying
Carrots – 2 cups, grated
Green Chillies – 4, minced
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, minced
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp
Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon Powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Sift flour with salt, add oil and mix lightly until flour is crumbly.
2. Add some water to make a very stiff dough.
3. Cover and set aside.
4. Heat 2 tblsp oil, add filling ingredients one by one stirring all the while.
5. Sprinkle some water, cover and leave on low heat till carrots are done and you get a soft mixture.
6. Remove from fire and cool.
7. Take a lemon sized ball of dough, work it into a cup, keep 2-3 tsp of filling, close cup.
8. Dust cup with flour, roll into a fairly thick puri.
9. Deep fry puris to golden brown, drain on kitchen paper.
10. Serve hot with chutney.