Carrots – 3, medium, chopped
Onion – 1, large, minced
Celery – 1/2 tblps, chopped
Cream – 1/2 cup
Butter – 2 tblsp
Flour – 1 tblsp
Milk – 2 cups
Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Cook carrots and celery with 2 to 2 1/2 cups water till tender. Blend and set aside the puree.
2. Melt butter, fry onion to a light brown colour.
3. Add flour, stir fry, seeing no lumps are formed.
4. Remove from fire, add milk gradually, stirring all the while till well blended.
5. Put back on fire, add carrot puree, seasonings and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
6. Beat cream lightly, pour soup into cups, add a big dollop of cream to each cup.
7. Serve with garlic toast.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !