Cabbage – 3 cups, chopped
Water – 2 cups
Onion – 1 small, minced
Butter – 2 tblsp
Flour – 1 tblsp
Milk – 2 cups
Parsley – 1 tsp
Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
Salt to taste
1. Cook cabbage in water till soft, cool, puree and set aside.
2. Melt butter, add onion, fry to a light pink colour.
3. Add flour, frying all the while on low heat so that no lumps are formed.
4. Remove from fire, add milk gradually stirring all the while.
5. Put back on fire, add cabbage puree, seasonings and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or till soup is thick and well blended.
6. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !