Cabbage – 2 cups, chopped
Carrot – 2 medium
Potatoes – 2 medium
Flour – 2 tblsp
Bread Slices – 2, crumbled
Bread Crumbs – 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Mince very fine:
Onion – 1 medium
Green Chillies – 3
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Mint Leaves – few
Coriander Leaves – little
1. Boil, peel and mash potatoes and carrots, crumble bread slices and set aside both.
2. Heat 2 tblsp of oil, add minced onion, ginger and green chillies, fry to a light brown.
3. Add chopped cabbage, fry for a while, add salt, cover and cook on low heat till cabbage is done.
4. Add 1 tblsp flour, fry for 1 to 2 minutes longer and remove from fire.
5. Add mashed potatoes, carrots, chopped mint and coriander leaves.
6. Mix thoroughly.
7. Remove from fire, add crumbled bread and make into a soft dough.
8. Divide dough into 8 to 10 balls, flatten each ball on the palm of your hand and shape into a cutlet.
9. Mix 1 tblsp flour with 1/2 cup of water into a thin paste.
10. Dip cutlet into this, roll into bread crumbs and shallow fry on a non-stick fry pan or deep fry in a kadai.
11. Serve hot.