Kothavarangai (Cluster Beans) – 1/4 kg
Coconut – 3 tblsp, grated
Green Chillies – 3
Cumin Seeds – 1 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 1/2 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
1. String and cut beans fine, add salt and enough water and cook.
2. When done, there should be no traces of water. Set aside.
3. Grind to a rough paste, the chillies, coconut and cumin seeds.
4. Heat oil, add seasonings and when dal turns brown, add ground paste and stir for a while.
5. Add cooked beans, fry for 1 to 2 minutes more till the water, if any, is absorbed and the curry is dry.
6. Serve hot with rice.