Small Green Mangoes – 1 kg
Jaggery – 1/2 kg, roughly cut into small pieces
Cinnamon Stick – 2 inch piece
1. Peel and then cut each mango into 6 slices. Discard seeds.
2. Put mango slices in a pan, then cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat, without adding any water, to slightly soften mangoes.
3. In another pan boil 1/4 cup of water and add jaggery.
4. Cook till jaggery is melted.
5. Add mango slices and cinnamon stick to jaggery and cook, covered, on medium heat for 15 minutes.
6. Uncover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes more till liquid becomes a medium thick syrup.
7. Cool before serving.