Round White Pumpkin – 1 kg
Sugar – according to the weight of pumpkin
Cinnamon Stick – 4 inches
Cardamom and Nutmeg Powder – 3/4 tsp, mixed
1. Peel pumpkin, remove seeds and then grate pumpkin.
2. Weigh grated pumpkin together with its water then weigh sugar equal to half the weight of pumpkin.
3. Put sugar, grated pumpkin and pumpkin water together with cinnamon stick in a large pan.
4. Place pan on medium heat and bring mixture to the boil.
5. Lower heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Uncover pan and continue cooking on medium heat till all the liquid has just dried and pumpkin is golden brown.
7. Do not overcook. Sprinkle cardamom and nutmeg powder and mix.
8. Cool thoroughly and store in an air-tight jar. Refrigerate if necessary.