Milk – 3 cups
Sugar – 4 tblsp
Cashewnuts – 100 gms, ground
Eggs – 2
Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
Almonds – 1 tblsp, blanched, skinned and finely sliced
1. Boil milk, adding 1 tblsp sugar and let it simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes.
2. Add cashew nuts and remaining sugar and cook for 5 to 10 minutes more till sugar has dissolved.
3. Take pan off heat and allow to cool.
4. Separate eggs.
5. Place egg whites in a deep bowl and beat till stiff.
6. Add yolks to whites and blend well.
7. Add vanilla essence to eggs.
8. Add cooled milk mixture to eggs and blend well.
9. Pour mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle with almonds.
10. Bake in a moderate oven for 45 minutes or till the top is nice and brown and the custard is firm.