Mutton – 1/2 kg, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
Onion – 1 large, finely sliced
Bhindi – 1/2 kg
Salt – 1 3/4 tsp
Vegetable Oil for frying
Grind to a paste:
Garlic – 6 cloves
Fresh Ginger Root – 3/4 inch piece
Cinnamon Stick – 3 inch piece
1. Heat 3 tblsp oil in a pan and fry onion in it till brown. Drain excess oil.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste and blend well.
3. Cook 5 minutes adding a little water if paste sticks to bottom of pan.
4. Add meat and brown nicely for about 15 minutes till all the water has dried.
5. Add 1 cup water, cinnamon stick and 1 tsp salt and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
6. Gradually add 3 more cups of warm water and continue simmering, covered, till meat is cooked and 1 cup gravy remains. Or pressure cook meat with 1 cup water.
7. Cut bhindi into 1 inch pieces and sprinkle 3/4 tsp salt over them.
8. Keep for 15-20 minutes.
9. Pour oil into a frying pan and heat.
10. Gently fry the bhindi in it and remove.
11. Add fried bhindi to meat, heat all together for 10 minutes before serving.