Milk – 2 cups
Sugar – 115 gms
Egg yolks -4
Egg whites – 2
1. Beat the egg yolks and mix in the sugar.
2. Bring the milk nearly to boiling point.
3. Take it off the fire.
4. Add it to the egg mixture stirring all the time.
5. Return the saucepan to the fire and stir carefully until the mixture thickens.
6. But do not let it boil or the egg will curdle.
7. When cold, add the essence and a pale green colour.
8. Just before freezing, stir in the whites of eggs beaten to a stiff froth.
9. Blanch 60 gms almonds – microwave in a bowl of water for 2 minutes.
10. Grind the almonds to a paste.
11. Add it to the custard.
12. Mix well and freeze.