Flour – 250 gms
Ghee – 1/2 tblsp
Salt – a pinch
Water as required
Ghee for deep frying luchis
1. Sieve the flour and salt.
2. Add ghee and sufficient water to bind and knead into a soft pliable dough.
3. Divide into 32 small balls and roll on floured board into rounds of approximately 4 inch diameter as thinly and evenly as possible.
4. Deep fry one at a time, pressing the centre of the luchi gently with a slotted spoon until luchi puffs up.
5. Fry for a minute, turn and fry the other side for another minute.
6. Using a slotted spoon remove luchi from pan, draininng off ghee.
7. Serve with dal.