Granulated Sugar – 6 tblsp
Water – 1 1/4 cups
Syrup from a Jar of Preserved Stem Ginger – 2 tblsp
Star Anise – 2 pieces
Cinnamon Stick – 1 inch
Clove – 1
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
Fresh Mint Sprigs – 2
Mango – 1
Bananas – 2, sliced
Lychees – 8 Fresh or canned (drained)
Strawberries – 2 cups, hulled and halved
Preserved Stem Ginger – 2 pieces, cut into sticks
Pineapple – 1 medium
1. Put the sugar, water, ginger, syrup, star anise, cinnamon, clove, lemon juice and mint into a pan.
2. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Strain into a bowl and set aside to cool.
4. Remove the top and bottom from the mango and cut off the outer skin.
5. Stand the mango on one end and remove the flesh in two pieces. Slice evenly.
6. Add the mango slices to the syrup with the bananas, lychees, strawberries and stem ginger.
7. Mix in well, making sure the fruits are well coated in the sugary liquid.
8. Cut the pineapple in half by slicing down the centre, using a very sharp knife.
9. Loosen the flesh with a smaller knife and remove the flesh by cutting around the rim and scooping it out.
10. Do not discard the pineapple flesh, cut it into chunks and add to the fruity syrup.
11. Spoon some of the fruit salad into the pineapple halves and serve on a large dish.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !