Navel Oranges – 2
Honeydew Melon – 1
Watermelon – 1/2
Fresh Mango – 1
Seedless Grapes and Black Grapes – 115 gms
Canned Mandarin Segments – 225 gms, drained
Canned Grapefruit Segments – 225 gms, drained
Juice of 1 Lemon
Salt as per taste
Ground Black Pepper as required
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Freshly Ground Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
1. Using a sharp knife, cut a thin slice of peel and pith from each end of an orange.
2. Place cut side down on a plate and cut off the peel and pith in strips.
3. Remove any remaining pith.
4. Cut out each segment leaving the membrane behind.
5. Squeeze the remaining juice from the membrane. Repeat with the other orange.
6. Cut the honeydew melon in half and scrape out the seeds using a spoon.
7. Remove the seeds from the watermelon in the same way.
8. Use a melon baller to scoop out the flesh into balls or a knife to cut it into cubes.
9. Using a sharp knife take two thick slices from either side of the mango without peeling the fruit.
10. Make slices into the flesh and then turn the skin inside out.
11. Place all the fruit in a large serving bowl and add the lemon juice.
12. Toss gently to prevent damaging the fruit.
13. Mix together the remaining ingredients and sprinkle over the fruit.
14. Gently toss, chill thoroughly and serve.