Strong White Bread Flour – 3 cups
Salt – 1 tsp
Caster Sugar – 1 tblsp
Dried Yeast – 1 tsp
Hot Water – 2/3 cup
Egg Yolks – 3
Unsalted Butter – 1/4 cup, softened plus 2 tblsp extra
Cheddar Cheese – 75 gms
Granulated Sugar – 1/4 cup
1. Sift the flour, salt and caster sugar into a food processor.
2. Make a well in the centre.
3. Dissolve the yeast in hot water and pour into the well. Add the gg yolks and leave for a few minutes until bubbles appear on the surface of the liquid.
4. Mix the ingredients for 30-45 seconds to form a firm dough.
5. Add the softened butter and knead for 4-5 minutes with an electric mixer until smooth.
6. Transfer the dough out to a floured bowl, cover and leave in a warm place to rise until doubled in bulk.
7. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and divide it into 10 pieces.
8. Spread the grated cheese over the surface.
9. Roll each of the dough pieces into a 5 inch length incorporating the cheese as you do.
10. Coil into snail shapes and place on a lightly greased high-sided tray.
11. Cover the rolls with clear film and leave in a warm place for 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
12. Preheat the oven to 190C and thne bake the rolls for 20-25 minutes.
13. Melt the remaining butter brush it over the rolls, sprinkle with the sugar and allow to cool.
14. Separate the rolls before serving.