A traditional Gujarati dal dish made with curd mixed with bengal gram flour. Best served with roti/chapati, plain rice or jeera rice.
Curd – 350 gms, slightly sour
Bengal Gram Flour – 30 gms
Salt to taste
For the Tempering:
Ghee – 25 gms
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida – 1/3 tsp
Whole Red Chillies – 2, broken into pieces
Curry Leaves – 10 to 12
Sugar – 45 gms
For the Garnish:
Coriander Leaves – chopped
1. Mix the curd with gram flour and 750 ml of water so that no lump remains.
2. Add the curry leaves, sugar, salt and put to boil, stirring occasionally.
3. Heat ghee, fry the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, asafoetida and red chillies.
4. Add the tempering to the kadhi and boil for 10-15 minutes.
5. Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.