Whole Wheat Flour – 2 cups
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Water – 3/4 cup
1. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and gradually stir in the water, mixing well with your fingers.
2. Form a supple dough and knead for 7-10 minutes. Ideally cover with clear film and leave to one side for 15-20 minutes to rest.
3. Divide the dough into 8-10 equal portions. Roll out each piece to a circle on a well floured surface.
4. Place a tawa over a high heat. When steam rises from it, lower the heat to medium and add the first chapati to the pan.
5. When the chapati begins to bubble, turn it over. Press down with a clean dish towel or a flat spoon and turn once again.
6. Remove the cooked chapati from the pan and keep warm in the piece of foil lined with kichen paper while you cook the other chapatis.
7. Serve hot.