Tomatoes – 8
Onion – 1 medium, chopped
Light Brown Sugar – 3 tblsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Ground Ginger – 1 tsp
Malt Vinegar – 3/4 cup
Salt – 1 tsp
Clear Honey – 1 tblsp
Plain Yogurt to garnish
Sliced Green Chilli – to garnish
Fresh Mint Leaves – to garnish
1. Wash the tomatoes and cut them into quarters.
2. Place them with the onion in a heavy pan, and add the sugar, garam masala, ginger, vinegar, salt and honey.
3. Half-cover the pan with a lid and cook over a low heat for about 20 minutes.
4. Mash the tomatoes with a fork to break them up, then continue to cook them on a slightly higher heat until the chutney thickens.
5. Spoon the chutney into a bowl and leave to cool, then cover and place in the refrigerator until needed.
6. Serve chilled, garnished with yogurt, sliced chilli and mint leaves.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !