Fresh Green Chillies – 2, small
Limes – 2
Granulated Sugar – 1/2 tsp or to taste
Onions – 2, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 4, firm, finely chopped
Cucumber – 1/2, finely chopped
Fresh Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper – ground, as per taste
Fresh Mint Leaves – few, to garnish
1. Using a sharp knife, cut both chillies in half.
2. Scrape out the seeds, then chop the chillies finely and place them in a small bowl.
3. Squeeze the limes. Pour the juice into a glass bowl and add the sugar, with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Set the bowl aside until the sugar and salt have dissolved, stirring the mixture occasionally.
5. Add the chopped chillies to the bowl, with the chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumber, chilli, and fresh coriander leaves. Mix well.
6. Cover the bowl with clear film and place in the refrigerator for atleast 3 hours, so that the flavors blend.
7. Just before serving taste the relish and add more salt, pepper or sugar if needed.
8. Garnish with mint and serve.
Tomato Relish Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Tomato Relish Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.