Firm Tomatoes – 2, medium
Onion – 1, medium
Fresh Green Chilli – 1
Fresh Mint Leaves – 1 tblsp
Fresh Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp
Tabasco Sauce – 1/2 tsp
Clear Honey – 1 tblsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Lime Juice – 2 tblsp
Plain Yogurt – 1 tblsp
1. Place the tomatoes in hot water for a few seconds. Remove one by one using a slotted spoon.
2. Peel off the skins carefully.
3. Cut the tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds. Chop the flesh roughly and set them aside.
4. Using a sharp knife, roughly chop the onion, green chilli, mint and fresh coriander.
5. Place the herb mixture in a mixie with the tabasco sauce, honey, salt and lime juice.
6. Add the tomatoes and grind everything together for a few seconds.
7. Pour into a small serving bowl. Stir in the yogurt just before serving.
Sweet and Sour Tomato and Onion Relish