Plain Yogurt – 2 cups
Freshly Ground Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Salt as required
Granulated Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Vegetable Oil – 4 tblsp
Dried Red Chilli – 1
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves – 4 to 6
Asafoetida – a pinch
Ground Turmeric – a pinch
1. In a heatproof serving dish, mix togther the yogurt, fennel seeds, salt and sugar.
2. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the dried chilli, mustard seeds and cumin seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida and turmeric.
4. When the chilli turns dark, pour the oil and spices over the yogurt.
5. Fold the yogurt together with the spices at the table just before serving.
Note: You can leave out the asafoetida if you prefer.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !