Basmati Rice – 1 1/2 cups
Oil – 1 tblsp
Curry Leaves – 6 to 8
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Onion Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Fresh Fenugreek Leaves – 2 tblsp
Garlic – 1 tsp, crushed
Fresh Root Ginger – 1 tsp, grated
Salt – 1 tsp
Frozen Peas – 1 cup
Water – 2 cups
1. Wash the rice well and leave it to soak in a bowl of water for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy pan and add the curry leaves, mustard seeds, onion seeds, fenugreek leaves, garlic, ginger and salt. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Drain the rice, add it to the pan and stir gently.
4. Add the frozen peas and water and bring to the boil. Lower the heat, cover with a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to stand, still covered, for 10 minutes.
5. When ready to serve, fluff up the rice with a fork.
6. Spoon the mixture on to serving plates and serve immediately.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !