Onion – 1
Garlic – 1 clove
Mixed Brown Basmati Rice and Wild Rice – 1 cup
Olive Oil – 1 tblsp
Cumin – 1 tsp, ground
Turmeric – 1 tsp, ground
Sultanas – 1/3 cup
Vegetable Stock – 3 cups
Fresh Mixed Herbs – 3 tblsp, chopped
Salt as required
Ground Black Pepper as required
Fresh Herbs – few sprigs to garnish
Pistachio Nuts – 1/4 cup
1. Chop the onion and crush the garlic clove.
2. Wash the rice under cold running water until the water runs clear, then drain well.
3. Heat the oil, add the onion and garlic, and cook gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the ground cumin and turmeric and drained rice and cook gently for 1 minute, stirring.
5. Stir in the sultanas and vegetable stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Stir in the chopped mixed herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Spoon the pulao int oa warmed serving dish and garnish with fresh herb sprigs and a sprinkling of chopped pistachio nuts.
8. Serve immediately.