Small Cucumber – 1
Oil for frying
Tofu – 1, square size and fresh or 115 gms
Beansprouts – 115 gms, trimmed and rinsed
Salt to taste
For the dressing:
Small Onion – 1, grated
Garlic Cloves – 2, crushed
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Dark Soy Sauce – 2 to 3 tblsp
Rice Wine Vinegar – 1 to 2 tblsp
Dark Brown Sugar – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Celery Leaves to garnish
1. Trim the ends from the cucumber and then cut it into neat cubes.
2. Sprinkle the cucumber with salt and set aside.
3. Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the tofu on both sides until golden brown. Drain well and cut into cubes.
4. Prepare the dressing by blending together the onion, garlic and chilli powder. Stir in the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and salt to taste.
5. Just before serving rinse the cucumber under cold running water. Drain and dry thoroughly.
6. Toss the cucumber, tofu, beansprouts together in a serving bowl and pour over the dressing.
7. Garnish with the celery leaves and serve immediately.