Basmati Rice – 2 1/4 cups
Oil – 1 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Black Cardamom Pods – 2
Cinnamon Sticks – 2
Garlic – 3 cloves, sliced
Salt – 1 tsp
Tomato – 1 medium, sliced
Button Mushrooms – 2/3 cups
Baby Peas – 3/4 cup
Water – 3 cups
1. Wash the rice well and leave it to soak in water for 30 minutes.
2. In a medium, heavy pan heat the oil and add the cumin seeds, cardamom, cinnamon sticks, garlic and salt.
3. Add the tomato and mushrooms and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
4. Tip the rice into a colander and drain it thoroughly. Add it to the pan with the peas. Stir gently, making sure that you do not break up the grains of rice.
5. Add the water and bring to the boil. Lower the heat, cover and continue to cook for 15-20 minutes. Just before serving, remove the lid from the pan and fluff up the rice with a fork.
6. Spoon into a dish and serve immediately.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !