Mixed Vegetables – 450 gms (eggplants, baby corn, carrots, beans etc)
Red Chillies – 8, seeded
Lemon Grass Stalks – 2, chopped
Kaffir Lime Leaves – 4, torn
Vegetable Oil – 2 tblsp
Coconut Milk – 1 cup
of 2 parts Soy Sauce and 1
part Lime Juice (or use Thai Fish Sauce)- 2 tblsp
Thai Basil Leaves – 15 to 20, to garnish
1. Cut the vegetables into similar-size shapes using a sharp knife.
2. Put the red chillies, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves in a mortar and grind together with a pestle.
3. Heat the oil in a wok or a large, deep frying pan. Add the chilli mixture and fry for 2-3 minutes.
4. Stir in the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
5. Add the vegetables and cook for about 5 minutes or until they are tender.
6. Season with the sauce, salt and garnish with basil leaves.