Small Pasta Shells – 3/4 cup
Corn Oil – 5 tblsp
Curry Leaves – 4
Whole Dried Red Chillies – 4
Onion – 1, large, sliced
Garlic Pulp – 1 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Fresh Root Ginger – 1 tsp, shredded
Pomegranate Seeds – 1 tsp, crushed
Salt – 1 tsp
Tomatoes – 2 medium, chopped
Chicken – 175 gms, skinned and boned and cubed
Canned Chickpeas – 1 1/2 cups, drained
Corn – 1 cup
Mangetouts (Snow Peas) – 50 gms, diagonally sliced
Fresh Coriander – 1 tblsp, chopped
1. Cook the pasta in boiling water, following the directions on the pack. Add 1 tblsp of the oil to the water to prevent the pasta from sticking together. When it is cooked, drain and set to one side in a sieve.
2. Heat the remaining oil in a deep round frying pan and add the curry leaves, whole dried chillies and the onion. Fry for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, chilli powder, ginger, pomegranate seeds, salt and tomatoes. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
4. Next add the cubed chicken, chickpeas, corn and mangetouts to the onion mixture. Cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Add the pasta and stir well. Cook for a further 7-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Serve garnished with the fresh coriander.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !