Green Mangoes – 4, large variety
Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1 tsp
Gingelly Oil – 1/2 cup
Mustard seeds – 2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1/4 cup
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 3/4 tsp
1. Peel and grate the mango. Set aside.
2. Dry roast the fenugreek seeds and asafoetida powder. Powder fine and set aside.
3. Heat the oil and add the mustard seeds. When they splutter, add the chilli powder and turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
4. Add the mango, salt and fenugreek-asafoetida powder. Cook till the oil floats on top.
5. Cool completely and store in a bottle.