Amla – 1 cup, small variety
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds – 1 tsp
Gingelly Oil – 1/2 cup
Mustard Seeds – 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 4 tsp
Salt – 1/4 cup
1. Remove and discard the seeds from the amla. Chop the flesh and set aside.
2. Dry roast the asafoetida powder and fenugreek seeds. Powder and set aside.
3. Heat the oil and add the mustard seeds, turmeric powder and chilli powder. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
4. Mix in the amla, salt and the fenugreek-asafoetida powder. Mix well. Remove from the heat. Do not overcook.
5. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container or bottle.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !