Broccoli – 1 small
Baby Corns – 6
Water – 1 1/4 cup
Salt – 3/4 tsp
Green Peas – 1/2 cup shelled
Green Capsicum – 1 small
Spring Onions – 3
Oil or Butter – 1 tsp
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp freshly ground
Cheese – 1/2 cup grated
White Sauce – 1 1/2 cups
Mustard Powder – 1/2 tsp
Bread Slices – 10
Tomato – 1 medium sized, chopped
Coriander – 2 tblsp, chopped
1. Wash all the vegetables.
2. Cut the broccoli into small florets, discarding the hard stems.
3. Put the broccoli and baby corn in a pan with 1/2 cup water and 1/2 tsp salt over high heat. Boil till the water is absorbed and take the pan off the heat.
4. Put the green peas in another pan with 3/4 cup water and 1/4 tsp salt and boil till they are tender. Drain them and set aside.
5. Cut the capsicum into quarters and remove the white pith and seeds.
6. Chop the capsicum fine.
7. Cut the white portion of the spring onion into thin rounds and chop the tender green portion.
8. Heat the oil or butter in a pan over moderate heat.
9. Add the white portion of the spring onions and fry for a few moments.
10. Add the capsicum, fry it lightly for a few seconds and then add the green portion of the spring onions.
11. Mix in the broccoli, baby corn and green peas, sprinkle in the pepper and fry for 1 minute.
12. Grate enough cheese to make up 1/2 a cup and blend it into the white sauce with the mustard.
13. Mix the vegetables into the sauce.
14. Toast the bread slices and top them with the vegetable and cheese sauce.
15. Garnish with the chopped coriander and tomatoes.