Carrot – 1 medium sized
French Beans – 10
Cabbage – 4 leaves
Spring Onions – 3
Green Capsicum – 1 small
Celery – 2 stalks
Egg – 1
Oil – 3 tblsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp freshly ground
Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Water – 1/4 cup
Cooked Rice – 1 1/2 cups
Soy Sauce – 3 tblsp
Green Chilli – 1
1. Wash all the vegetables.
2. Scrape the carrot and chop it.
3. Cut the tops and tails of the beans and pull off the strings along the sides.
4. Cut the beans and cabbage into thin slices.
5. Cut the white portion of the spring onion into thin rounds and chop the tender green portion.
6. Cut the capsicum into quarters and remove the white pith and seeds.
7. Chop the capsicum and celery.
8. Break the egg into a small bowl and beat it till the yolk and white are well mixed.
9. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a small frying pan over moderate heat.
10. Pour the egg into the pan till the base is cooked. Turn it over and cook the other side.
11. Remove the egg from the pan and put it on a chopping board. Let it cook a little and cut it into thin slices.
12. Heat the rest of the oil in a wok over moderate heat.
13. Add the white portion of the spring onions, the capsicum and the celery to the pan.
14. Fry the vegetables for 1 minute, tossing gently with a spoon.
15. Mix in the salt, pepper and ginger-garlic paste.
16. Add the carrot, beans and cabbage and fry them for 1 minute, tossing gently.
17. Sprinkle in the water and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
18. Mix in the green portion of the spring onions.
19. Stir in the egg and the cooked rice.
20. Chop the green chilli fine and put it in a small bowl. Pour the soy sauce over it.
21. Serve the fried rice hot with the sauce.