Beetroot – 2, medium size
Apples – 2, medium size
Onion – 1, medium size
Cabbage Strips – 1/2 cup
Lime – 1
Thick Curd – 3/4 cup
Mayonnaise – 2 tblsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp, freshly ground
Sugar – 1/4 tsp
1. Wash all the vegetables and fruit.
2. Pressure cook the beetroot for 5 minutes.
3. When the beetroot is cool enough, peel it.
4. Cut the beetroot into half and slice it very thin.
5. Cut the apple into quarters. Cut off the core and discard.
6. Cut the apple into cubes.
7. Peel the onion and cut it in half and slice it fine.
8. Slice the cabbage into thin strips to make 1/2 cup
9. Make the dressing by squeezing the juice from the lime and straining it into a small bowl.
10. Add all the other ingredients for the dressing and whisk till well mixed.
11. Place all the cut vegetables in a salad bowl and add the dressing.
12. Toss the salad well to coat it with the dressing evenly.