Chickpeas – 1 cup
Paneer – 200 gms
Cucumber – 1, medium sized
Green Capsicum – 1, medium sized
Red Tomato – 1, medium sized
Spring Onions – 3
Coriander Leaves – 1/4 cup, chopped
Lime – 1/2
Tomato Sauce – 1 tsp
Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
1. Soak the chickpeas in water overnight.
2. Next morning, drain it and wash it thoroughly in 3-4 changes in water.
3. Pressure cook for 15 minutes.
4. Cut the paneer into 1/2 inch cubes.
5. Wash all the vegetables.
6. Cut off the two ends of the cucumber and rub them against each end till a foamy liquid comes out. This removes any bitterness the cucumber may have.
7. Wash the cucumber and peel it using a vegetable peeler.
8. Cut the cucumber into quarters lengthwise.
9. Cut off the seeds and discard them.
10. Cut the cucumber into cubes.
11. Cut the capsicum into quarters and remove the white pith and seeds.
12. Cut the capsicum flesh into cubes.
13. Chop the tomato and the spring onions.
14. To make the dressing, squeeze out the juice from the lime and strain it into a bowl.
15. Mix the tomato sauce and chaat masala into the lime juice.
16. Put the chickpeas and all the vegetables in a salad bowl and mix in the prepared dressing evenly.
17. Sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves over the salad and mix lightly.
18. Keep the salad in the refrigerator till serving time.