For the batter
Bengal Gram Flour – 90 gms
Semolina – 2 tblsp, fine
Lemon Juice – 1 tblsp
Sugar – 25 gms
Green Chilli Paste – 1 tblsp
Eno Fruit Salt – 25 gms
Salt to taste
For the tempering:
Oil – 1 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Sesame Seeds – 1/2 tblsp
Green Chillies – 2 to 3, chopped
Asafoetida – a pinch
For the garnish:
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
1. Mix together all the ingredients except eno. Add water to make a thick batter.
2. Add eno, sprinkle a little water on it and mix well.
3. Grease a thali with oil and keep aside.
4. Pour the raised batter in the thali and steam for 10 minutes.
5. Heat oil. Add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, asafoetida and green chillies and a little water.
6. Pour it over the steamed dhoklas.
7. Cut into pieces and serve with green chutney.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !