Tender Brinjals – 1/2 kg
Oil for frying
Salt as required
Bengal Gram Dal – 2 tblsp
Red Chillies – 8 to 10
Fresh Coconut – 1 1/2 tblsp, grated
Asafoetida – little, powdered
1. Slice brinjals lengthwise and soak in water till required.
2. Fry red chillies and dal in oil.
3. Dry roast coconut separately till golden.
4. Pound everything toghether in a mixie along with asafoetida.
5. Heat oil in a pan and fry brinjal till it changes its color.
6. Add powdered ingredients, salt and mix well.
7. Remove from fire.