Malabar Yam (Colocasia) – 1/4 kg
Oil for deep frying
Tamarind – gooseberry sized
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt as required
Red Chilli Powder as required
1. Scrape outer skin and cut yam into 2 inch squares of 1/4 inch thickness.
2. Cook in enough water to which salt, turmeric powder and tamarind is added.
3. When it is half cooked, drain water completely.
4. Dry over a towel and then deep fry till little dark brown or crisp.
5. Sprinkle salt, chilli powder and serve immediately.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !