Cluster Beans – 1/4 kg
Tuvar Dal – 1/2 cup
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Red Chillies – 10
Fresh Coconut – 2 tblsp, grated
Salt – as required
Oil for frying
Thick Tamarind Extract – 1 1/2 tblsp
1. Cut cluster beans into 1 1/2 inch pieces and cook till soft. Drain excess water.
2. Soak tuvar dal in water for 1 hour.
3. Grind it along with chillies, cumin seeds, coconut and salt to coarse paste.
4. Heat oil in a deep curved pan, add mustard, curry leaves and fry cooked beans for 1 or 2 minutes.
5. Add ground paste with more oil, tamarind extract and cook in reduced flame till dry, stirring in between.