A popular South Indian dish with plantain (vazhakkai) and served as a sidedish with rice.
Vazhakkai (Raw Banana) – 1
Red Chilli Powder – 3 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Oil – 2 tblsp
Saunf – 1 tsp
Garlic – 3 cloves, crushed (optional)
Curry Leaves – few
1. Peel the banana and slice them into thin rounds.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Fry the saunf, garlic and curry leaves for 30 seconds.
4. Add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
5. Stir well.
6. Now add the sliced bananans and mix well.
7. Cover the pan with a lid for a minute and remove.
8. Stir-fry for 5 minutes and remove from flame.
9. Serve as a sidedish with rice.