Ladies Finger – 1/2 kg
Oil for frying
Onions – 3 tblsp, finely cut
Red Chillies – 6
Fresh Coconut – 2 tblsp, grated
Roasted Gram – 1 tblsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Salt as required
1. Grind the ingredients to a smooth paste with minimum water possible.
2. Cut ladies finger lengthwise into four and then into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Heat oil in a kadai and fry onions till it becomes transparent.
4. Add ladies finger pieces and fry in medium flame for few minutes.
5. Add ground mixture and fry till it becomes thick.